This section applies only to BraillePen 12. BraillePen Slim does not yet connect to Talks on a Symbian OS phone.
The BraillePen12 can display the screen contents of your Symbian phone running Talks, while you use the BraillePen12 keyboard to type notes, make calls and send SMS. Read on for all the information on how to set it up:
The BraillePen 12 Driver:
Click this link to download the driver for Symbian OS version 9.xx Check with your Talks supplier if you aren’t sure of the Symbian OS version on your phone.
Talks must be installed and working on your phone before you begin; then follow these steps.
- Turn Talks off.
- Set Bluetooth on.
- Turn your BraillePen12 on and wait for the triple-beep that tells you Bluetooth is active.
- On your phone, pair the phone with the BraillePen12. When you are asked for the passcode, enter 1234.
- If you are asked the question: „Authorise device to make connections automatically?” answer: yes.
- Install the BP 12 braille driver you have downloaded from the link above. We recommend that you install the driver on your phone’s Memory Card.
- Go into the Talks menu. Check the Braille tab; make sure that „Braille” is set to „BP 12 Driver”, and „Keep Braille on” is set to „Yes”.
- Turn Talks on.
Your BraillePen is now ready to act as your input and output to your phone.
Tip: To make sure you can read messages and notes on the Braille display line by line, check that in the Advanced tab, the „Cursor Mode” setting is set to „Letters”.
|soft key left||space + shift|
|soft key right||space + control|
|star key||dots 3, 4|
|hash or pound key||dots 3, 4, 5, 6|
|call||control + dot 5|
|end call||control + dot 4|
|cursor down||space + dot 4|
|cursor left||space + dot 3|
|cursor right||space + dot 6|
|cursor up||space + dot 1|
|enter (joystick enter)||shift + space + control|
|menu||space + dots 1, 3, 4|
|repeat the last phrase||space, control + dots 3, 4, 5, 6|
|read the names of the soft keys||shift + control|
|give battery + network status information||space + dots 2, 4, 5, 6|
|switch between key echo modes||space, control + dot 1|
|uppercase letter announcement on or off||space, control + dots 1, 2|
|turn the nato spelling alphabet on or off||space, control + dots 1, 4|
|switch between punctuation modes||space, control + dots 1, 4, 5|
|volume down||space, control + dots 1, 5|
|volume up||space, control + dots 1, 2, 4|
|slower speech||space, control + dots 1, 2, 4, 5|
|faster speech||space, control + dots 1, 2,
|speak time + date||space, control + dots 2, 4|
|open talks&zooms settings dialog||space, control + dots 3, 5|
|turn speech off or on||space, control + dot 6|
|backspace||space + dots 1,2|
|delete||space + dots 4,5|
|home||space + dots 1,2,3|
|page down||space + dots 3,4,5|
|page up||space + dots 1,2,6|